Are you an average Joe? Are you someone that just goes through the motions just to get shit over with? Do you think you have more to offer but don’t know how to get out of your funk? Not to worry, you’re not alone. Only a very small percentage of people wake up in the morning excited to start their day. It’s time to be one of those people.
You can break out of your shell and live life by your own means by changing your habits and the way you think. It’s time for you to become a leader, someone who exudes confidence, someone who never gives up until they achieve success. To quote Eric Thomas “it’s time to be allergic to average!”
Here are 97 ways to step your game up and become an alpha dog.
1. Pay your bills ON TIME and IN FULL – Life is way less stressful without debt.
2. Do something that scares you – Facing your fears builds character.
3. Stop hitting the snooze button – It screws up more than your sleep cycle.
4. Eat more vegetables – Even if they’re not organic it’s a step in the right direction.
5. Sweat – Do this regularly, it’s what your body was meant to do.
6. Cut back on sugar – Fresh fruit is cool but anything you can buy at 7/11 has gotta go. Besides the taste, the stuff is basically poison.
7. Stop buying stupid shit – “Too many people are buying things they can’t afford, with money that they don’t have… to impress people that they don’t like!” – Will Smith
8. Lift weights – Muscle breeds confidence.
9. Run uphill – Do you want to be strong and powerful or weak and slow?
10. Set goals – It’s OK to have ambition.
11. Set smaller goals – Small victories lead to HUGE victories.
12. Believe in yourself – Believing is seeing. You can only be successful once you allow yourself to be successful.
13. Learn how to cook – It’s healthier, cheaper and the ladies will love you!
14. “Eat meat, veggies, nuts seeds, some fruit, little starch, no sugar” – Greg Glassman
15. Be on time – Punctuality shows you’re organized and that you care.
16. Be the first one to arrive and the last one to leave – Dedication and hard work always beat natural talent in the long run.
17. Don’t be a hater – Criticizing other people’s goals and achievements is a waste of energy and makes you look like a fool.
18. Dress to impress – You can never look too good for the occasion. Look professional. Feel professional. Be professional.
19. Study successful people – The easiest way to be successful is to model the habits and character traits of those more successful than you.
20. Read books – Not magazines or the newspaper. Books.
21. Go to bed early – 10-11pm at the latest. You’ll feel better and be more productive.
22. Take naps – One of the best ways to maximize recovery and get more out of your day.
23. Save money – You never know when that “rainy day” will come but when it does you better have an umbrella!
24. Everything in moderation – Live life and have fun, just know your limits.
25. Learn an Olympic lift – A power clean at the very least. It will work wonders for your fitness.
26. Sprint – Anyone can jog, sprinting takes real effort.
27. Keep a clean home – It’s true, cleanliness is next to godliness.
28. Don’t believe the hype – Take everything with a grain of salt. Mass media prides itself in telling you what you want to hear.
29. Challenge the status quo – “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm” or going with the flow.
30. Uplift others – Make it your mission to better yourself as well as make others better and the world will be your oyster.
31. Pursue your passion – Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.
32. Build a legacy – Do you want to be remembered for something? We all have talents worth sharing.
33. Learn how to communicate -Life is about building valuable relationships.
34. Be realistic not delusional – It’s OK to dream but don’t get your head stuck in the clouds.
35. Think outside the box – Traditional thinking is what keeps you stuck in your same old routine.
36. Take responsibility for your current station in life – Take credit when credit is due but have the balls to take the blame when things don’t go your way.
37. Wake up early – No one ever got shit done waking up at 11am.
38. Be competitive – Find something you care enough about that you want to fight for it.
39. Be a student of the game – The learning never stops. Become a master of your craft. Eat, sleep, and breathe what you do best.
40. Eliminate unnecessary stress – Separate yourself from negative people that will only bring you down.
41. Don’t let other people’s opinions influence you – People will always tell you can’t do something. Mostly because they’re too scared to try themselves or because they just don’t want to see you succeed.
42. Squat regularly – There isn’t a sport or activity that squatting can’t help.
43. Deadlift regularly – Lifting heavy shit is gratifying.
44. Stay lean all year round – There is something to be said for having a six pack in the dead of winter.
45. Interval train – It hurts way more but it’s totally worth it.
46. Take supplements – Only if you’re not eating like shit then they might have some value.
47. Speak your mind – Get your point across and don’t always be so worried about offending people.
48. Stop and smell the roses – You can’t hustle 24/7. Every now and then you have to stop and appreciate everything you have.
49. Work for happiness not money – Money, benefits and “security” sometimes aren’t worth it if it’s sapping your energy and making you miserable.
50. Trying puts you ahead of 90% of people.
51. Do shit that matters – You’re too busy playing video games, watching TV, or dickin’ around on social media. Find a way to improve your life and the life of someone else.
52. Be confident – Know your strengths and know your weaknesses. Leverage your strengths and outsource your weaknesses.
53. Be humble – Be grateful for everything you achieve and never forget the struggle to get there.
54. Be content not complacent – Don’t be greedy but don’t be lazy either.
55. Have an opinion – But don’t be opinionated. There is more than one way to get shit done.
56. There is no off-season – The hustle is year round. Training, nutrition, business, life. It’s a lifetime commitment.
57. You can’t please everyone so don’t bother trying.
58. Take risks – They’re opportunities dressed up in disguise.
59. Get rid of useless junk – Declutter your mind and your surroundings.
60. Learn how to dance or play an instrument – Tap into your artistic side, the ladies also love this.
61. Focus on what’s important – Start each day with your most productive tasks first.
62. Visualize – Every success starts with an idea.
63. Don’t gossip – “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
64. Don’t hold grudges – Living well is the best revenge.
65. Live within your means but slightly outside of your comfort zone – Be conservative with your spending but liberal with your ambitions.
66. Become an expert listener.
67. Don’t be too proud to get your hands dirty – Everyone’s got to start somewhere and for most of us that’s the bottom.
68. Take action – Most people love talking about what they “hope” to achieve. It’s the few that actually do something that are remembered.
69. Laugh – Man, I definitely love a good laugh. It’s one of life’s greatest medicines. Find the humor in things especially yourself.
70. Have only one fear – The fear of being average.
71. Be loyal to your family and friends – Without them you have nothing.
72. Invest in yourself – You are your greatest asset, make it as valuable as possible.
73. Play a sport – Be athletic, build comradery, and learn how to trash talk!
74. Walk the walk – Take your own advice, nobody likes a hypocrite.
75. Start a business – Even if it’s small and doesn’t make a lot of money it will empower you.
76. Reduce your dairy intake – Like an 80″ TV, it’s not a necessity.
77. Cut the grains – Unless you like feeling bloated all the time.
79. Be in touch with pop culture – Don’t let it consume your life though. Kim and Kanye’s life isn’t that amazing.
80. Learn how to create value – Having the ability to solve people’s problems and improving their lives is the name of the game.
81. Travel – See the world and all it has to offer so you can realize how lucky you really are.
82. Stand up for what you believe in – Have principles and don’t be afraid to stick to them. There’s already too many yes men in the world.
83. Don’t discuss religion in public – Controversial.
84. Don’t discuss politics in public – Highly controversial.
85. Don’t discuss Crossfit in public – You’re better off discussing religion or politics…
86. Eat breakfast – Give yourself a fighting chance to have a productive day.
87. Listen to your body – Train hard when you feel good and take your foot off the gas when you’re feeling beat up. You can’t PR everyday.
88. Eat less snacks – You’re not that hungry, you’re just bored.
89. Find a good soft tissue specialist(s) – The fitter you get, the more important maintenance becomes. Even a Ferrari needs regular oil changes.
90. Work on your mobility – It’s not glamorous but it needs to be done if you want to train hard and pain free.
91. Try a Crossfit workout – Even if it’s only once, it’s something every fitness enthusiast should experience.
92. Listen to old school hip hop – It’s just great, feel-good music.
93. Wear Air Jordan’s – They’re timeless and they’re comfy.
94. Never give up – Failure is almost inevitable but that’s what makes the journey so rewarding.
95. Don’t try to “keep up with the Joneses “ – Stay in your lane and run your own race. Your achievements happen on your schedule not someone else’s.
96. Read this blog regularly.
97. Share this with your family and friends.
That’s my rant for today. I hope these few tidbits help you rise up and get more out of life.
If you haven’t already, subscribe below to get more great articles sent directly to you!!